Our Vision

To be the excellent government institution that helps the life styles of the community in a beneficial way to the society

Our Mission

"To provide a service in line with the government policies, uplift the lifestyles of the society through a planned, efficient development process consisting of proper co-ordination of resources and participation of the people""To provide a service in line with the government policies, uplift the lifestyles of the society through a planned, efficient development process consisting of proper co-ordination of resources and participation of the people"

History of Akkaraipattu Divisional Secretariat

Akkaraipattu DRO Division was large one consisting of the present Divisional Secretariats namely Addalaichenai,Thirukkovil and Alayadivembu.In the year 1973 Addalaichenai DRO Division was carved out from Akkaripattu for Muslim majority community.Like wise Thirukkovil Assistant Government Agent Division was carved out for the Tamils majority community in 1978.The remining Akkaraipattu AGS's Division was an inseparable one for the Muslim,Tamil and Sinhala communities.Akkaraipattu DRO Division was large one consisting of the present Divisional Secretariats namely Addalaichenai,Thirukkovil and Alayadivembu.In the year 1973 Addalaichenai DRO Division was carved out from Akkaripattu for Muslim majority community.Like wise Thirukkovil Assistant Government Agent Division was carved out for the Tamils majority community in 1978.The remining Akkaraipattu AGS's Division was an inseparable one for the Muslim,Tamil and Sinhala communities.

Akkaraipattu Divisional Secretary's Division is situated in the Eastern part of Ampara District. The boundaries of the Division are Addalaichenai DS division to the North.Bay of bengal to the East.Alayadivembu DS division to the South  and Damana and Sammanthurai DSS Divisions to the West. The extent of the area is 102 sq km. around 80% of the total land area is used for cultivation,While the remaining portion of land(20%) is being utilized area is separated from the cultivation land by long distance.Akkaraipattu Divisional Secrerary`s Division consists of 28 Grama Niladharies Divisions and  consisting a Municipal Council and Pradhesiya Sabha.

Role performed at DS

Name From To
Mr. KANTHA SAAMI    
Mr. S.L.C. SRIWARDENA    
Mr. BASNAYAKE    
Mr. A. KALDEEN    
Mr. A. ABDUL MAJEED    
Mr. I.L.M. SAMSUDEEN    
Mr. U. AHMED RAZI    
Mr. A.H.M. ANSAR    
Mr. M.Y. SALEEM    
MR. A.L.M. SALEEM (Acting)        
Mr. A.M. ABDUL LATHEEF    

News & Events

28
Aug2017
Akkaraipattu- DCC Meeting -2018

Akkaraipattu- DCC Meeting -2018

akkaraipattu DCC meeting next 

Scroll To Top